Saturday, January 26, 2008

Doing Right Ain't Got No End

I had this dream the other night. I was watching a pair of Bald Eagles hunting. Turns out they were hunting the red shouldered hawk I saw recently in the back yard. The hawk then landed next to me for protection and didn't go away until it was all clear. He also brushed me with his wing as if he was saying "thank you brother" for the help.

Maybe it's not the same thing but the other day I was leaving work when this scraggly looking thing came up to me and asked to buy a cigarette off of me. As I gave her the butt she took it with a shaking hand and said "Thanks a lot mister, it's the first cigarette I've had today, I just got out of jail". That seemed about right, she looked the part and my job is near the courts. I gave her the cigarette and told her "Well, in that case, then this one is one me. Enjoy".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - what a great story !!

Vlad said...

thanks, I felt like I did the right thing for once. It was a good feeling.

Anonymous said...

Vlad the protector.
It's important for a man to hold a job which he sees fulfilling his sense of self. That's why you liked BRCOA. You were protecting the elderly.

This Sherriff of Nottingham role, although providing a service to the community at large, just doesn't square with that.