Saturday, July 26, 2008

Year One


Quite frankly I am surprised to still be blogging one year later. I thought I would have been bored by it by now and abandoned the project. Well here's to my stick-to-it-ness. As I cull the excessive posts from the site I am reminded off all that has happened in a year for me. When I started I was still working as a temp. Boy did that job blow. The one I have now ain't no great shakes but it still beats that. The only way to get out of working with agencies is to stop working with agencies.

A year ago no one knew that Barak's middle name was Hussein, today they do and deluded still don't care. One question, we all know what the poll numbers are for blacks, latinos, me and women in the presidential race. Has anyone asked the Muslim population whom they are voting for? Would the answer be uncomfortable? A year ago we were fighting the idea of congestion pricing. Bloomy lost that one although now out of spite he is making Broadway a two-lane street I hear just to give it to drivers. Just what we need, a promenade in the busiest part of town. It must be nice to be an out of touch billionaire. I wish I was, then again when the revolution comes........

I imagine I won't keep this post up long either. Just long enough for those that care to see what's up. Tonight I will be hosting a birthday party at Barcade. All are welcome of course. I think I will also take Monday and Tuesday off. Fuck it, it's my birthday. Maybe I will go to the circus or fishing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yesh! One year indeed!! I still remember you showing me your blog before anyone else knew about it - then someone you know came across it via a google search for something else I believe. You are correct in everything you say here as far as how thing's have changed over the past year. I feel the same way as well. Since I started blogging shortly after you did, I also just did a 'one year later' type blog regarding what could be viewed as a failed experiment on my end - only in the amount of time spent vs. the end results...

Hope you keep blogging for a long time to come... and have fun on your birthday - or did it already pass?? I'm losing track of what day it is - all I know is it's 5.17 am and I have yet another 10 to 12 hour day ahead of me. I can't wait till I'll be allowed to take time off - 2 more weeks till I'm away from this 'salary' bullshit and back with my 'hourly' Union brothers and sisters... One thing I've learned when it comes to work - it's all about your quality of life. Nothing else matters...

Enjoy!!
Big George