Saturday, July 21, 2007

Night Fishing


Went to Ft. Tilden last night for a little surf fishing. had two types of bait. The squid was useless but the bunker chunks produced some hits after dark, halfway up the incoming tide. My buddy and I both caught a sand shark each.

On the way home we were rerouted around the local bookstore. The street had been closed off. Police barricades, giant inflatable play areas and a line around the block. All at midnight, Harry Potter mania had hit the neighborhood. My hat goes off to the marketing department of that publisher. J. K. Rowling has got a mob scene half way around the world. Man, I can't get three friends to come to a gig even when it's around the corner. I should hire her ad agency, clearly they know what they are doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor fishy

Vlad said...

No need to worry, Mr. Fishy went home