Thursday, August 2, 2007

Zoltar


What's this image have to do with today's posting? Well, nothing, which is pretty much what I have to say today, nothing. We were discussing out favorite childhood cartoons at work this morning and being the oldest the room I stumped everyone with my G-Force reference. Turns out the show was called Battle Of The Planets, this guy was the Darth Vader like character.
Oh, I remember what I wanted to talk about. The sheer number of people in this city. I happened to take the train 1/2 hour later then usual this morning and was floored by the mass of humanity in the subway. At one point I was trying to get around a herd huddled at an escalator and was forced to tip-toe at the edge of the platform to get to the other half of the station. This really freaked me out as the side I was on had the trains coming from behind. One slip at the wrong moment and someone is going to die. I don't understand how this does not happen several times a day? Now I took this same train at the same time and on the same station last year and I can't recall this tidal wave of humanity. This city is having a population explosion that no one seems to be acknowledging. I see it in the construction of condos everywhere. I see it in the lack of parking. The highways are impassable. It's just a mess. You want to talk about overpopulation? In New York city, we are living it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey NYC, Calcutta no difference. Hey we can always bike everywhere!