Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Joe Walsh


You can see twenty shows or you can see one in a year. If that single concert happens to be at the right time, with the right crowd and the right music, it will the show you remember for ever. I have pretty much seen all the bands I have ever wanted. Still, every so often one performer that rarely plays live comes around and I have to see him. Joe Walsh, the one cool guy in the Eagles has had some great songs on his own. I still get goose bumps when I hear Life Of Illusion. What a great time Sal and I had last night seeing this legend at the Beacon. More then just a great performance, the night was a sum of it's parts. From getting a perfect parking spot, to getting tanked before the show at a bar on Amsterdam Avenue. Don't get me wrong, Joe was on the money, playing every note perfectly but what's more fun then sneaking cigarettes in the men's room or getting caught in the front row and sent back to our seats as the band kicks into Life's Been Good To Me? Somewhere along the BQE above the Gowanas canal as I sat in the passenger side of my buddies Jeep trying to light a cigarette and the stray ashes blew back at me from the open window I smugly realized that yes, life can be good sometimes.

Last night was exactly what I needed. That day my temp agency pulled the rug from under me yet again. Dangling a job for next week only to yank it away at the last moment. They just suck, but Sal put things in perspective for me when he said "Why are you so mad, you didn't like that job anyway"? True. Still, who likes getting screwed with? Unfortunately, I have now less time to devote to my online activities. My mailbox is full and I don't have a job where I get paid to look at it. Henceforth I have to take the stance that I will get to it when I get to it. I just have too many other things to take care of right now. At least I will try to keep this journal going. Writing this stuff down has a soothing affect on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY TALK ABOUT THE WALKING DEAD.....how did Joe sound? I am curious to see because of the near death experiences he had dancing with Mr. Brownstone. That must of been a great show. His music is nothing spectacular but it really grabs you when you listen to it and I heard he is rather good live.

Anonymous said...

Joe sounded very good, he had a very tight band behind him with two drummers and three girl backup singers and the songs came accross great. He didn't move around much, but voice was right on the money. The Beacon is the best venue for any show. We had a few beers before and during the show, so it seemed like one big party. I'm glad we were able to go...from Sal